New Bern, North Carolina
Croatan Presbyterian Church
Our Mission and Core Values
Croatan Presbyterian Church is to be a witness to Christ in its life, its outreach, its service, its invitation and its style of life.
• Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord
• Biblical studies and preaching
• The cultivation of discipleship among its members
• Commitment to reaching out to and the inclusion of others
• Service to the Croatan community
• Seeking to encourage all toward getting our minds centered on Christ
• Liberality in spirit and in giving
• Encouraging a worldwide vision of Christian mission and service
It's a small church with a big heart. We are a congregation of the Presbytery of Coastal Carolina. Thanks be to God!
Croatan Presbyterian Church was begun in the former farming community of Croatan, outside of New Bern, NC, in 1882. The sanctuary was built in 1883 and has served the congregation as both worship and community center since that time. As the area has changed since World War II, many new people have moved into the area, adding to the families that have been here for several generations. The congregation has a little over 100 members of all ages.